Buriram United are hot favourites to reach the 2020-21 Thai FA Cup final after they were drawn against Chonburi in Wednesday’s semi-final.
Following a strong finish to the T1 season, Buriram were always going to be the strongest side in the last four but they have also drawn the weakest, with Chonburi ending the season in 12th spot – 31 points behind the Thunder Castle.
In the other match, Chiangrai United need to beat Bangkok United to maintain hopes of a fourth season in a row with a trophy win and a return to the group stage of the AFC Champions League in 2022.
Chonburi Vs Buriram United
Venue – Thammasat Stadium Kickoff – 19.00
Previous Meeting – Chonburi 0-2 Buriram United
Quarter-final results – Chonburi 5-1 Trat; Buriram United 2-0 Muangthong United
- 1 FA Cup win (2010)
- Last final was in 2014 – lost 1-0 to Bangkok Glass
- Striker Eliandro scored a hattrick in quarter-final and will pose biggest threat to Buriram
- 4 FA Cup wins (2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
- Last final was in 2018 – lost 3-2 to Chiangrai United
- Head coach Alexandre has three FA Cup wins – 1 with Buriram and 2 with Chiangrai
Bangkok United Vs Chiangrai United
Venue – Boonyachinda Stadium Kickoff – 19.00
Previous Meeting – Chiangrai United 1-1 Bangkok United
Quarter-final results – Chiangrai Utd 2-1 Muangkan Utd; Bangkok Utd 2-1 Ratchaburi
- No FA Cup wins
- Last final was in 2017 – lost 4-2 to Chiangrai United
- Finished T1 season strongly – lost just two of final 15 matches
- 2 FA Cup wins (2017, 2018)
- Last final was in 2018 – beat Buriram 3-2
- Striker Bill has scored six times in his last five games